Saturday, November 17, 2012

Personal Childhood Web


This is a picture of me, my brother and my mother. My mom has always been there for me. She has taught me a lot. Growing up I could always count on my mom to help me through anything. She always made sure I had any and everything I wanted. She made sure I kept up with school and even got me involved in different after school activities. She made sure me and my brother didn't want for anything. My mom always makes sure that I'm okay, no matter where I am. She checks on me frequently and always asks about my day. My senior year of high school my mom had an aneurysm. That was the scariest moment in my life. The doctors told us she wasn't going to make it and as a teenage girl that broke my heart. To think that the person I loved and cared so much about might not make it, but she did. I'm so blessed to have this women in my life. I don't know what I would do without her.
 Growing up my big brother was my protector. He always made sure that no one harmed me and that I was taken care of. I remember one day I was walking home from school and this boy started picking on me and out of nowhere my brother pulled up. He jumped out the car and stopped the boy from messing with me. No matter what was going on my brother was there for me, especially when no one else was. Now our relationship isn't as strong as it use to be. He now lives in Chicago and we haven't seen each other or spoken to each other in a while. Even though we are far apart in my mind he is still my protector.
This is a picture of me and my father when I graduated from college. As a child, my father wasn't around a lot. It wasn't because he didn't want to be but he was (and still is) a truck driver, so I didn't see him that often. Even though he was gone a lot, I always knew he cared. When he could visit he did, and when he couldn't I did. As a child he lived back in Houston, Texas and I lived in Atlanta, Georgia, so whenever I had a vacation or break from school I visited him. I always knew he cared for me because he would call and just talk to me about school or anything I wanted. Now, as an adult our relationship is even better. He still drives trucks but he now lives here in Atlanta. We have a strong relationship. He is my best friend. I can talk to him about any and everything. We talk often and if our schedules permit we have daddy-daughter day. That usually involves us going to church and out to lunch. When we get together we just sit and talk about whats been going on in our lives. 
This is my favorite cousin/big sister. When I was younger she lived with us. As a baby I use to sleep in her room and everywhere she went I wanted to go.   As a little girl I wanted to be just like her. Growing up she taught me a lot about how to be a strong women and how to never give up during hard times. She was my role model and still is. She encourages me and gives me advice. My big cousin is not just my big cousin but she is my sister. To this day, I still call her just to let her know whats new in my life and when I doubt myself she   encourages me to keep moving forward. I wish we didn't live so far apart but I know I can always count on her for anything.
This is my step-father. He has been apart of my life since I was about 5 years old. Honestly, growing up I didn't really care for my step-father. I guess as a child I thought he was trying to take the place of my father. So, I will admit I gave him a hard time, sometimes. No matter what I did though, he still showed me love and affection. He was there for me and taught me a lot about  being independent. When my father couldn't be there, he was not matter what the occasion was. As I got older I started to see how much he cared and loved me. He treated me like I was his child. In a way I am, I mean he has been around for majority of my life. He has supported me and taught me a lot of life long lessons. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashely!
    I just got finished reading your posts and they gave me a personal look into your life. I see you have had some adversities to come your way but you worked through them. And what I noticed the most above those is that you have a lot of people who care about you, (from the photos), and who are very proud of you. I can only imagine how you felt going through that trying time with your mother while she was in the hospital. Thankful to God she pulled through:)I can see that made you stronger.You can clearly see your close relationships with your family and how you are nurtured and cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You family sounds extremely supportive of you Ashley! I feel your pain with your mom suddenly becoming sick with an aneurysm. It must have been a very difficult time for you and your brother, especially without your father there to help get you through a difficult time like that. It is unfortunate you and your brother are not as close anymore. My sister and I have always been close but always fought over anything and everything. Now that I graduated and I live closer to her, we are really trying to have a relationship where we aren't arguing so much.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashely,
    Thank you for appreciating the people in your life. You just sounded so real, as you discussed the people that affected you life, I appreciated the most when you came to the father's in your life, especially your step Daddy, bravo.

    Florence

    ReplyDelete