Sunday, April 6, 2014

Evaluating Impacts on Professional Practice

Describe in detail the consequences you might expect for the children and families with whom you work while you experience specific "–ism(s)" in your own life. Include specific examples either those you have and/or are experiencing or ones you would anticipate.

Okay this week's blog has given me the opportunity to address some bias issues that I am having with one my parents. Recently a parent had asked another teacher to tutor their child. His reasoning was because he wanted his child to be able to read and apparently he believed that this other teacher would  be able to help his child more than I would. The other teacher is older and it seems at times that he does not feel that I am fully capable to teach his child. He now goes out of his was to have discussions with this teacher about his child's progress and problems. At first I tried to not let it bother me but I can't help but feel unappreciated and over looked because of my age. I feel that I have always tried to keep open communication with my parents but he will not address his concerns with me. The child's mother has not problem communicating with me, its just him. I have always tried to communicate with my parents and see what expectations they have for me when it pertains to their child. This situation, I am not sure how to address this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment