Sunday, November 17, 2013

Communicating with Different Cultures

Question 1: Do you find yourself communicating differently with people from different groups and cultures?
Question 2: If yes, in what ways do you communicate differently?

I have realized that when I am communicating with my Spanish speaking parents I tend to ise my hands a lot.  Sometimes its hard for us to communicate with one another so I guess I try to use gestures to help me communicate. I also use written communication. I translate all written paper work to Spanish so that all my families are aware of whats going on in our classroom. I have some Spanish speaking parents that send notes that they have translated to English in order to communicate with me. Some of my other parents know some words in English, so sometimes I am able to catch on to what they are trying to say.
When communicating with some of my Spanish speaking students, I use pictures to help me communicate. It helps that I have learned some Spanish words and phrases to help me communicate.

Communication is not always my strongest area. I communicate differently when I am with my friends than when I am hanging with my guy friend. When I am with my friends, I talk up a storm. Expressing my feelings is easy. When I am with my guy friend, I am quiet as a mouse. We have been friends for years and when it somes to talking, I become a very private person.

Three Strategies to Help Communicate Effectively
● Learn more about how different cultures communicate. Learn a few phrases that could help me build a relationship with my parents.
●Become more confident is my speaking and expressing my thoughts.  Feel free to speak my true feelings.
●Don't be afraid to ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment