Sunday, October 27, 2013

Professional Hopes and Goals

One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds.
 
I hope that by working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds I will learn about different cultures and languages. I hope to learn new traditions and customs. I also hope I can learn how different group function in a society where they are not seen as the norms and ways to help meet the needs of such diverse groups.

One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice

One goal that I would set for early childhood field would be to incorporate a lesson or activities into the curriculum that promotes diversity, equity, and social justice. I feel that  we an stop discrimination and oppression by teaching equity to our younger generation.

Now that we are at the end of yet another class, I would like to thank those who have been on this journey with me. Though the journey is not over and it probably wont be the last time some of us cross paths, I just want to thank everyone for their comments, stories, an opinions throughout the course. You have added to my understanding of diversity, equity, and social justice. Again thanks and good luck.
Thank You
 

No comments:

Post a Comment