Sunday, June 29, 2014

Time Well Spent

Wow, I am excited that we have reached the end of our master's journey. Most of us have worked together since the beginning of this journey and some of us have met along the way. I am truly honored and blessed to have had this opportunity and to have learned so much from each one of you. When I began this journey, I was only doing this to please my parents and to help obtain a better job. As I progressed, I became aware of my greater purpose. The courses have opened my eyes and made me more aware of issues in the early childhood field. I began to notice ways I could improve my communication and actions in the classroom. I began to look for a greater purpose in what I do. I began to fall in love with teaching again, which was a feeling I had not felt since I began my job. I started to see the things that needed to be changed within myself and in my classroom. The courses have deepened my understanding of this field and showed me what it takes to be an effective teacher. I have also learned what it takes to be an anti-bias educator and the importance of creating classrooms that are welcoming to all. This journey has taught me a lot about myself as well. I have learned my strengths and weakness and the importance of having support and a community to help you. My passion has grown tremendously since the being and I am so excited to apply what I have learned in a new environment. As I continue with my career in early childhood I hope to accomplish many things. I hope to continue my education by obtaining my Doctorates and teach at a college. I would like to share my knowledge and experience with those who chose the same path as I have. I would also like to open up a facility that provides after care services for school age children. It will provide children with tutoring services and extracurricular activities. I want to help rebuild the education system in low income areas. I want to give back to those in need.

To My Instructor and Colleagues,

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all the knowledge and support you have shared with me throughout the journey. I have learned so much about this field for you and I will take every think I have learned with me as I continue my journey. I wish you all the best and hope that are paths cross again.
 
Ashley Daniels
 

No comments:

Post a Comment