Sunday, March 2, 2014

What I Have Learned


One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds.

I hope that through my working with children and families from diverse backgrounds, I can help change how society views people from different cultures and backgrounds. I hope to build lasting relationships with my family by continuing to learn more about them and their culture. Through my interactions with these families and children I can increase my knowledge while bridging the gaps between different cultures. 

One goal you would like to set for early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice. 

I would like for the early childhood field to continue its efforts in making every classroom embrace the cultural diversity of today's society. I would like for educators in this field to continue educating ourselves on these issues that effect the development of children. My goal personally would be working in areas were children struggle with equity and social justice. The areas were children need the most guidance and support.

A brief note of thanks to your colleagues

I would like to thank all of my colleagues for your support and comments throughout this process. I have learned so much from each one of you and I wish you the best. 




No comments:

Post a Comment