Saturday, May 11, 2013

Getting Ready—Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

In order to establish professional contacts, I decided to reach out to two professionals whose organizations have struck my interest. In choosing the two professionals I wanted to get in contact with, I thought about educational programs I would find most interesting and areas I didn't know much about. The first professional I chose to reach out to is Mr.Eric Atmore. He is a part of the OMEP South African National Committee and a member of the National Early Childhood Development Alliance. The purpose of these organizations is to improve the quality of practice in the Early Childhood field and to see ways to cooperatively and positively influence policy-making and implementation. I look forward to learning more about the South African Early Childhood programs. The second professional that I decided to reach out to was Mrs. Yvonne Dionne, OMEP Comite National Canadien. She is a member of the Canadian Child Care Federation. What caught my interest about the Canadian Early Childhood program and practices is that they promote safety and healthy growth and development through providing the best in early learning and child care knowledge and best practices. Their website provides tools and resources that are helpful to parents and educators.Though I have not received a response to my emails, I remain hopeful that I will gain  great professional contacts. 

In selecting a early childhood organization to study, the chose was not hard to make. Throughout the courses I have taken, I have began to learn a lot about the National Association for the Education of Young Children. I wanted to continue learning about this association and how its view on the Early Childhood field. 
"NAEYC's mission is to serve and act on behalf of the needs, rights and well-being of all young children with primary focus on the provision of educational and developmental services and resources." (NAEYC website) I think this is a great website and a great association. The focus on improving professional practice and working conditions, working to achieve a high-quality system of early childhood education and build high -performing and inclusive organization of groups and individuals.

References:Canadian Child Care Federation: http://www.cccf-fcsge.caNational Assocaition for the Education of Young Children: http://www.naeyc.org/


3 comments:

  1. Hello Ashley, Good Post I wish you luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be very interesting if any of us hear back from any of the organizations or professionals around the world. I am sure that they receive multiple messages a day and they do not respond to many of them. What would you say is the organization that you think is most beneficial in the early childhood education environment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,
    I hope that you hear back from one or both of the professionals that you contacted. It would be interesting to learn about their experiences.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete